There are so many amazing things we can do in our own backyard and at home. Like a boring old stick…I think not! Try a wizard’s wand, a ribbon twirl or drumstick. Let’s bring the outdoors inside and create a fun and interactive adventure.
Try these 15 activities to keep you adventurous.
- How many birds and butterflies can you find in your backyard?
- Pick something from your backyard and paint it, don’t forget to add different textures like leaves, sand and dirt to your masterpiece.
- Create an ice age: freeze flowers, rocks and things you find in the backyard. Discover the ice age unfold. Will you watch them melt or crack them open!
- Find a rock and make it your pet: paint it, give it a name and take it for a walk.
- Make a flower press, turn them into an artwork.
- Make a bus from a cardboard box: think old paper plates, paint and colours.
- Climb a tree or play on a rock.
- Success is an act of exploration: how many different textures can you find? Think sand, dirt, salt or rocks. What happens when you add water or draw with them?
- Make fruit bugs and gobble them up.
- Go camping in the backyard with your family.
- Cook a nature-inspired dish: think about the items supply chain, where did it come from?
- Lay on the grass and look up at the sky, what can you see?
- Pretend to be your favourite animal for a day.
- Build a mini obstacle course: use logs and sticks as balance beams. The ground is lava!
- Make a mask with things from your garden.