Nature Play CBR works collaboratively with partner groups to encourage the Canberra community to value nature play, and support families to prioritise it in children’s lives. Our primary role is to advocate the nature play message and to increase access to nature play resources and programs for Canberrans.
Nature Play CBR is dedicated to ensuring every ACT child has a childhood filled with the outdoor play and connection to nature that supports their physical and mental health, resilience, creativity, and emotional intelligence, and will help them thrive in a complex world.
Our strategic priorities are to:
- Increase awareness about the benefits of nature play.
- Increase opportunities for the Canberra community to participate in nature play activities.
- Create and promote resources that makes taking part in nature play easy.
- Establish a network of like-minded organisations with a strong commitment to health and well-being of our children.
- Create a communication network between Nature Play CBR, program partners and ACT families.