Running, climbing, making mud pies, building and exploring are all part of the great adventures Canberra children can experience with $20,000 awarded in Nature Play Grants to 11 organisations.
The Nature Play Grants will assist with new or existing projects that support active living and increase community participation in nature-based outdoor activities and events.
Enjoying time in nature is integral to our health and wellbeing and the ACT Government is committed to ensuring there are plenty of opportunities for Canberrans to participate in active recreation and play to enrich their everyday lives.
Launched in July 2016, Nature Play CBR has been incredibly successful connecting children and their families with a range of organisations and resources that offer quality nature-based programs. This helps deliver the ACT Government’s Recreation Vision, Connecting and Building Recreation: a vision for the Territory.
For more information on the Nature Play Grants Program, go to www.sport.act.gov.au
Nature Play Grants Program recipients:
• Lyneham Commons Food Forest ($2,370)
• North Belconnen Community Association – Flynn ($2,375)
• Community Services#1 – Narrabundah ($2668)
• Griffith Play and Learn ($450)
• Sticks and Stones Nature Playgroup – Cook ($488)
• The Scout Association of Australia ACT Branch Inc ($2,415)
• Bunduluk Bush Group ($829)
• Canberra Montessori Society Inc – Holder ($1,172)
• UnitingCare – Kippax ($2,240)
• Community Services#1 – Forrest ($2,491)
• Pedal Power ACT ($2,500)